WIR LIEBEN COOKIES
Skiing Holiday in Austria: Alpengasthof Filzstein right on the slopes
Guaranteed snow on a winter holiday in Austria in the Zillertal Arena
Ski IN - Ski OUT: This is a skiing holiday in Austria from the first minute. In front of the Alpengasthof Filzstein, you can head out into the Zillertal Arena ski resort: Experience 143 km of pistes, 52 cable cars and lifts, cosy ski huts and the largest snow and fun arena in Tyrol's Zillertal Valley and in the federal state of Salzburg. Welcome to your winter holiday in Austria! Your hosts, the "Filzsteiner", personally ensure that the most beautiful ski slopes start right in front of the Alpengasthof in Hochkrimml, because our heart belongs to skiers and winter sports enthusiasts! In front of the Alpengasthof Filzstein, the winter fun begins – and the last slope takes you back home.
Skiing holidays in the Zillertal Arena: Slope Fun and winter sports
The sprawling, snow-sure ski resort Zillertal Arena in the Tyrol and Salzburg stretches from Zell im Zillertal over the Gerlos to Wald-Königsleiten and Krimml-Hochkrimml: winter sports up to 2.500 m above sea level and up to the front door of the Alpengasthof Filzstein. There’s no better winter holiday. What you can expect on your holiday in the Alpengasthof Filzstein:
- Filzstein ski lift and taxer ski lift just a few meters from Alpengasthof Filzstein
- Filzstein cable car Speedy
- Direct access to Gerlosplatte ski resort/Zillertal Arena
Ski-Fun at the Zillertal Arena
Zillertal Arena is a hotspot for adrenaline junkies and everyone who is searching for a high fun factor. There are a lot of possibilities to improve your skills at the Snow- and Funparks at the Zillertal Arena. Set yourself in the limelight and let yourself be filmed at a SkiMovie Point or take an unforgettable snapshot home thanks to Photopoints.
Adrenalin kick in your ski and winter holiday in the Salzburger Land? The snow and fun parks in the Zillertal Arena make it possible:
- Funpark Hochkrimml directly below the Filzsteinbahn: Snowpark with Funcross, „defused“ Kicker and SPC Tubes, suitable for beginners and children.
- Snowpark Gerlos: 30.000 m² with guaranteed adrenaline at 2.020m above sea level with beginner zone, medium kicker line, pro line, perfectly shaped jump line. Taking a breathe in the chill area is recommended!
- Action-Park Kreuzwiese Zell am Ziller: Snakerun, Bagjump, BMW xDrive Cuo SkiMovie route and BMW xDrive Speed Check route.
Whether skier, freestyler or boarder - with these videos you are the star!
- BMW xDrive Cup Skimovie trail in Zell/Action Park
- BMW xDrive Speed Check trail in Zell/Action Park
- SkiMovie trail in Gerlos/Ebenfeld-X-Press
- Kids Speed Check trail in Gerlos/Ebenfeld-X-Press
- BMW xDrive Cup Skimovie trail in Königsleiten/Gipfelbahn
- BMW xDrive Speed Check trail Hochkrimml/Plattenkogellift
- SkiMovie trail in Hochkrimml/ Duxer 6erBubble
The unique moments of your skiing holiday in Filzstein can be downloaded from the Internet:
The ideal skiing holiday for families
IAt the child- and family-friendly ski resort Zillertal Arena, infants and children ski areas, ski schools and guest kindergartens are waiting for little tots and the stars of tomorrow. A hit for young and old: the funny ArenaFunt, who is waiting at the photo points for good-humoured parents and children, and really wants to be on the photo!
The Wielandner ski school is located right next to the Alpengasthof Filzstein. Find out now about the offers of the children's ski school (from age 4) and book your courses directly online: All information on www.skischulekrimml.com.
Other ski schools are in Zell am Ziller, Gerlos and Königsleiten.
While children are lovingly cared for, parents have some time for themselves!
- Guest kindergarten Königsleiten for children from three years (low season babies from six months) in the Alpine World Resort.
Flexible ski passes and family-friendly children's and youth discounts ensure that a skiing holiday for the family fits into the budget!
- Day and multi-day tickets, graded according to duration
- Single tickets, passports for Zillertal Arena and Salzburg Super Ski Card
- Child fares, youth fares upon presentation of ID!
- All rates at a glance!
Ski courses and snow sports courses: Krimml ski school
Go from Alpengasthof Filzstein to the office of the Krimml ski school: Here you can start your ski lessons directly. The offer is huge: skiing and winter sports courses for children from four years, adolescents and adults guarantee every need. From toddlers to grandparents: At the ski school in Hochkrimml, everyone learns the perfect technique.
At the ski rental at the hotel in Hochkrimml, you can find everything what you want for skiing and winter sports in the Zillertal Arena. At our partners Sport 2000 Lachmayer and Intersport Patterer Rent-Shops, not only the widest selection of well-maintained winter sports equipment for a guaranteed best price is waiting for you, but also expert advice. No matter the weekday on which you arrive at the Alpengsthof Filzstein: The ski rental at the hotel in Hochkrimml is open daily from 9 am to 4.30 pm for you.
Fasten your skis and off you go. From the Alpengasthof Filzstein you get directly to the slopes and to the lifts on the Gerlosplatte and in the Zillertal Arena. The largest ski area in the Zillertal comprises 143 kilometres of pistes of all levels of difficulty, accessed by 52 cable cars and lifts. The snow-sure ski area reaches up to an altitude of 2.500 metres. There are several rustic ski huts where you can stop for a bite to eat and warm up. Top for adventurers: the snow and fun parks, the kids run and the action slopes. The Arena Coaster is a fast downhill toboggan run.
What could be nicer than setting off directly from your hotel into the snow-covered winter wonderland? It is a special experience to stomp through the snow off the beaten track. This is best done with snowshoes. Thanks to the large contact surface, snowshoes help you not to sink too deeply. So let's get into our winter shoes, snowshoes on, sticks in your hand - and off you go.
In the Zillertal Arena, you can expect friendly hosts at more than 35 huts and mountain restaurants. Many bars, pubs and après ski bars invite you to celebrate and dance. Some huts attract guests with an illuminated toboggan run: We have compiled the best tips for you!
Winter holiday Austria: Sport & fun off the slopes
A winter holiday in Austria offers much more than skiing. You can be active on a guided ski tour or a snowshoe hike. Walk through the winter landscape on skis or snowshoes.
The Zillertal Arena is a popular area for ski fans and snowshoers.
Our tip: Ask at the ski schools for guided tours. If you are touring at your own risk, please note the weather and avalanche warning messages.
Tuesday – Sunrisetour at Filzsteinlift
Thursday – Evening Ski tour with a stop for refreshments
Tuesday – Hike through the “Sieben Möser” & “Sonntagsmöser” at Hochkrimml
Thursday – Hike at the Rainbachtal at National Park Hohe Tauern
Gentle walks or a several hour hike to the alpine regions? You have the choice! The Alpengasthof Filzstein tips: Romantic winter hike to the Krimml waterfalls and the Königsleiten winter hiking trail (take the cable car).
Varied winter fun
Being active off the slopes is no problem in Krimml. Numerous winter activities are available. Hike through the snow-covered landscapes of the Hohe Tauern National Park, trudge along untouched paths on snowshoes, marvel at the winter landscape on a horse-drawn carriage ride or dash downhill on a toboggan.
Fun for the whole family, luge for zippy runabouts or mega fun on the Arena Coaster: Fun is guaranteed!
- Toboggan run Filzstein - Hochkrimml, Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday illuminated until 21.30 pm
- Toboggan run Gerlossteinwand / Zell: 7 km, illuminated until 1 am at night; toboggan rentals at the base of Gerlossteinbahn, discounted children's prices
- Toboggan run Krimml. 2.2 km, illuminated until 10 pm
- Toboggan run Neunkirchen: longest illuminated toboggan run in the whole world. The Wildkogelbahnen in Neukirchen or the Smaragdbahn in Bramberg offer a comfortable way to be transported with your sleigh to lofty heights. Depending on the snow conditions, the toboggan run is open from mid-December to mid-March.
- Arena Coaster: the first Alpine rollercoaster in the Zillertal, daily from 2 pm to 5 pm, for children aged from four years, from age 10 without adult passengers. 1,450 m, driving time 6-7 minutes, single trips, multi trips, discount for children
Give your sweetheart or the whole family a romantic ride in a horse-drawn sleigh! Four vendors in the Zillertal Arena drive you through the winter landscape.
- Familie Quehenberger, Plenkenhof/Wald, phone +43 6565 21421
- Familie Kreidl, Klaffaubauer/Wald, phone +43 6565 6369
Throughout the Zillertal Arena valley and high mountain, trails invite classic skiers and skaters to go cross-country skiing!
The Filzstein cross-country skiing tips (reachable by the free ski shuttle):
- Panorama trail in Hochkrimml at 1.640 m (8 km)
- High altitude trails Hochkrimml and Königsleiten (Gondelbahn)
- Cross-country ski forest (7 km), additionally illuminated circular track at Finkenhof in Wald (illuminated daily until 9.30 pm)
- Rental and sale of cross-country skiing equipment in the sports shop next to the Alpengasthof Filzstein